Swinging for winter steel or busting through surf to chase stripers, the Expeditions are Patagonia’s burliest, most feature-rich waders. Engineered to handle the most extreme conditions, the Expeditions have an athletic fit with room for layering and intuitive, industry-leading features.
- Beefy new YKK front zipper is submersible, fully waterproof and resists corrosion for consistent operation.
- EZ-Lock height adjustability is now combine with a quick-release suspender system
- Top-hem drawcord seals in warmth.
- Hand warmer pockets have zip flaps for back-of-hand comfort.
- Integrated belt loops keep wading belt at hand for easier on/off; new Secure Stretch wading belt is secure enough for bear spray or other accessories.
- Two exterior stash pockets with water-resistant zippers offer secure storage.
- Two generous interior drop-in pockets easily accommodate fly box, tippet spools, or gloves.
- Anatomical left and right Yulex booties have a more socklike fit, resist compaction over time and are polygrid-lined for additional warmth and comfort.
- Removable foam kneepads.
|LETTERS||1ST: Girth||2ND: Inseam||3RD: Shoe|
|S = Small (37)||S = Short (30″)||M = Medium 9-11|
|M = Medium (40)||R = Regular (32″)||L = Large 12-13|
|L = Large (44)||L = Long (34″)|
|X = X-Large (48)|
|2 = XX-Large 52|
Swiftcurrent Waders Line
Combining Patagonia’s commitment to innovation and quality with their duty to save our home planet, all waders in the new Swiftcurrent lineup include these foundational elements:
H2No Performance Standard
The Swiftcurrent waders are constructed from Patagonia’s innovative 4-layer fabrics. Engineered by Patagonia, they are the most durable, puncture-resistant and comfortable waterproof/breathable materials they’ve ever made. All fabrics in the Swiftcurrent line have passed their rigorous H2No Performance Standard for durability and waterproofness.
Based on the proven patterning of Patagonia’s packable waders, every style in the new Swiftcurrent lineup utilizes a gusseted crotch that not only makes rock-hopping, log-jumping and steep bank descents easier, but it also eliminates the need for complex taping and reinforcement, creating more durable waders.
Warm and dry feet are happy feet. Patagonia’s expedition styles feature anatomical Yulex booties made from the same neoprene-free natural/synthetic rubber compound used in Patagonia wetsuits.
When it comes to innovating advanced textiles, Patagonia believes reduced impact on the environment is a critical marker of progress. That’s why they’re proud to say that all Swiftcurrent waders include at least 70% recycled face fabric while sacrificing nothing in performance. They don’t do it because it’s trendy, fashionable, or cheaper, but because protecting our home planet demands it.
Patagonia has used single-seam construction for years to reroute critical seams away from areas of high wear. But the new, more supple fabrics in the Swiftcurrent line allow them to execute a unique, wraparound “baseball seam,” which brings articulation to the legs with a simpler patterning to create a more athletic, natural fit that moves better in and out of the water.
Advanced Feature Sets
Each wader is packed with features relative to its end use. But all the waders share a refined on-water performance and functionality with Lightweight Black Hole fabric scuff guards and trims; updated EZ-Lock suspender systems that allow for a custom, secure fit in seconds; and our new Secure Stretch wading belt that provides a solid closure and is burly enough to support a wading staff, bear spray, pliers, or net.