Hatch Iconic fly reels are designed and manufactured in Vista, California to meet and exceed the demands of discerning anglers in the world’s harshest environments.
The Iconic series builds upon classic Hatch fly reel aesthetics, architecture, and engineering, retaining some features you may recognize from its’ predecessor, the Finatic:
- Classic Hatch fin porting windows
- Single piece frame and reel seat construction
- Stacked drag system
The Iconic features several design updates and improvements:
- New contemporary reel seat shape that perfectly fits all fly rods
- Larger drag knob for ease of accessibility and adjustment
- Redesigned handle and counter weight to reduce risk of corrosion
- Redesigned one-piece spool nut
- Ported (vented) arbor
- Drag system housed within the frame, rather than in a cassette, increasing reel rigidity and stability, while reducing water entry points.
- New carbon filled drag material, providing a smoother drag with less startup inertia.
Hatch fly reels are crafted under the premise that there are always things that can be improved and done better. The Iconic series embodies the endeavor for platform perfection, and reinforces Hatch as the leading manufacturer of premium fly fishing reels.